5.02.2006

WUF WUF WUF

It's official... I'm off to the UN-Habitat World Urban Forum III in June. The forum is being co-hosted by the government of Canada and the UN, and will be held in Vancouver. I was already very excited to have the opportunity to go to this event, but just recently discovered that the lovely Raffaella will be able to join me for the entire week! Life just keeps getting better.

I am also excited to be able to spend some time in Vancouver. You'd think that being raised on Salt Spring Island for 18 years would have led to familiarization with the closest real city, but alas that is not the case, and my visits since childhood have been brief and can probably be counted on only slightly more than one hand. Westward ho!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wowsers... that two posts in a row where I have been mentioned. Makes me feel all kittenish (not in the furry sense, but cute, cuddly, and most beloved).

I said it before but I'll say it again... the forum looks really interesting and Vancouver in June looks even better. I can't wait to be able to take photos of all the buildings downtown. I will have to figure a way out to bring my tripod with me. It might be essential.

I used to go to Vancouver every summer with my family, but it's been such a long time since I've spent any amount of time there. Can't wait!

3:45 p.m.  
Blogger Matt said...

There shall be a night out with friends. So it is written, so shall it be done.

5:47 p.m.  
Blogger Christopher said...

I am incredibly jealous. I really wish I could have gone to that forum, but at the time it looked like I would be in Quebec on that bursary program...

I look forward to hearing what goes on.

11:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home