9.16.2004

Burning Man!

I can't remember the first time I came across a reference to Burning Man: they've been obliquely infiltrating my consciousness for at least the last several years. Well, today the phrase must have crossed some curiousity threshold in my mind, because I spontaneously threw the phrase into google (my preliminary source of all research information). The first site that popped up was, appropriately:

http://www.burningman.com/

the home page of the Burning Man festival. It would be an understatement to say that I was blown away. If I was forced to give some sort of explanation of what Burning Man appears to be, I would say that it's an annual festival of art and expression that is held for one week at the end of August/Beginning of September in the Black Rock Desert. But but but.... it's so much more than that. If you're interested, I would suggest spending at least a couple of hours on their site - I spent the better part of a day and have barely scratched the surface. What I've found... well, suffice to say it has become my latest fascination. I want to go. I have to go. I will go. Maybe 2006...

Other relevant links:

http://www.blackrockarts.org/index.html
http://www.burningman.com/blackrockcity_yearround/on_the_web/index.html

2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

I know someone who went this year. He hangs out at Avenue sometimes. I'll introduce you sometime if you want. He tried to tell me all about it, but I ended up with the feeling that "you had to be there". Anyway, it did sound quite amazing.

7:28 a.m.  
Blogger Veebz said...

Hey Aryn,
I also have a ton of friends who go to Burning Man every year. It's pretty cool. Full of translucent drug-induced explorations of the world, eachother and themselve.
~V

7:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home